@ Discovery: Dare to Discover Opens!
In January 2016, we welcomed the community to our newly opened Dare to Discover exhibit. Guests can visit 10 stations where young learners and families can test, play, and learn using heat-sensing cameras, earthquake tables and more.
Global Science News: January 2016
- Handheld Tool to Find Cancer: University of Washington unveil a handheld pen-sized microscope doctors can use to identify cancer cells in offices and operating rooms.
- Bionic Eye: The University of New South Wales began human trials on Phoenix99, a fully implantable bionic eye.
- Beginnings of Life: Scientists discover a single molecule that may have allowed single-celled life to mutate into the first multicellular animals.
- Prime Time: Mathematicians report discovery of a new prime number.
- Tiny Telescopes: Lockheed Martin announces a new way of dramatically shrinking the size of telescopes using tiny lenses.
Thanks to Wikipedia’s 2016 in Science for the our Global Science headlines.